Golf in Moloka‘i
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Molokai is not a prime golf destination, but the single 9-hole course makes for a pleasant afternoon.
Ironwood Hills Golf Course. Like other 9-hole plantation-era courses, Ironwood Hills in is in a prime spot, with basic fairways and not always manicured greens. It helps if you like to play laid-back golf with locals and can handle occasionally rugged conditions. On the plus side, most holes offer ocean views. Fairways are kukuya grass and run through pine, ironwood, and eucalyptus trees. Carts and clubs are rented on the honor system; there's not always someone there to assist you. Bring your own water. Access is via a bumpy, unpaved road. Kalae Hwy., Kualapuu, HI, 96757. 808/567–6000. www.molokaigolfcourse.com. 9 holes. 3088 yds. Par 34. Green Fee: $18 for 9 holes, $24 for 18 holes. Facilities: golf carts, pull carts, rental clubs.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe