Golf in Moloka‘i
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Molokai is not a prime golf destination, but the single 9-hole course makes for a pleasant afternoon.
Ironwood Hills Golf Course. Like other 9-hole plantation-era courses, Ironwood Hills is in a prime spot, with basic fairways and not always manicured greens. It helps if you like to play laid-back golf with locals and can handle occasionally rugged conditions. On the plus side, most holes offer ocean views. Fairways are kukuya grass and run through pine, ironwood, and eucalyptus trees. Carts and clubs are rented on the honor system; there's not always someone there to assist you. Bring your own water. Access is via a bumpy, unpaved road. Kalae Hwy., Kualapuu, HI, 96757. 808/567–6000. www.molokaigolfcourse.com. $18 for 9 holes, $24 for 18 holes. 9 holes, 3088 yards, par 34.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's