- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If you prefer not to rent a car and don't mind less flexible travel, Maui Bus can be a great way to go. It runs from early morning to late evening daily and stops at most of the major towns and sightseeing destinations. The fare is $1, which is impossible to beat. Bus maps and schedules are available online.
Maui Bus, operated by Roberts Hawaii, offers 12 routes in and between various Central, South, and West Maui communities. You can travel in and around Wailuku, Kahului, Lahaina, Kaanapali, Kapalua, Kihei, Wailea, Maalaea, the North Shore (Paia), and Upcountry (including Pukalani, Makawao, Haliimaile, and Haiku). The Upcountry and Haiku Islander routes include a stop at Kahului Airport. All routes cost $1.
Maui Bus (808/871-4838. www.mauicounty.gov.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $142-$195 -- Maui Hotel across from Beach w/Wi-Fi & Parking BookIt.com
- $108 & up -- Waikiki Beach Hotel w/Oceanarium & Spa, 35% Off BookIt.com
- $675 & up -- Sheraton Kauai: 3-Nt. Vacation w/Car Rental Pleasant Holidays
- $1399 & up -- 7-Nt. Hawaii Cruise on Norwegian, R/T Honolulu American Express Travel
- $9.99 & up -- Car Rentals across Hawaii CarRentals.com