- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If you prefer not to rent a car and don't mind less flexible travel, Maui Bus can be a great way to go. It runs from early morning to late evening daily and stops at most of the major towns and sightseeing destinations. The fare is $1, which is impossible to beat. Bus maps and schedules are available online.
Maui Bus, operated by Roberts Hawaii, offers 12 routes in and between various Central, South, and West Maui communities. You can travel in and around Wailuku, Kahului, Lahaina, Kaanapali, Kapalua, Kihei, Wailea, Maalaea, the North Shore (Paia), and Upcountry (including Pukalani, Makawao, Haliimaile, and Haiku). The Upcountry and Haiku Islander routes include a stop at Kahului Airport. All routes cost $1.
Maui Bus (808/871–4838. www.mauicounty.gov/bus.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's