- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There is daily ferry service between Lahaina, Maui, and Manele Bay, Lanai, with Expeditions Lanai Ferry. The 9-mile crossing costs $60 round-trip and takes about 45 minutes or so, depending on ocean conditions (which can make this trip a rough one).
Molokai Ferry offers twice-daily ferry service between Lahaina, Maui, and Kaunakakai, Molokai. Travel time is about 90 minutes each way and the one-way fare is $63.60. Fuel surcharges, resulting in revised fares, occur monthly. Reservations are recommended.
Expeditions Lanai Ferry (800/695-2624. www.go-lanai.com.)
Molokai Ferry (866/307-6524. www.molokaiferry.com.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $269 -- Maui 4-Star Beachfront Resort & Spa, Reg. $489 BookIt.com
- $199 -- Hawaii: Waikiki 4-Star Resort in Summer, Save 50% Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa
- $785 & up -- 3-Nt. Kauai Getaways incl. Air, Upgraded Car Pleasant Holidays
- $1499 & up -- Oceanview: 7-Night Hawaii Cruise, R/T Honolulu Norwegian Cruise Line
- $13.29 & up -- Car Rentals across Hawaii CarRentals.com