- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Maui 2014
Ba-Le Sandwiches & Plate Lunch
Ba-Le Sandwiches & Plate Lunch Review
It began as a French-Vietnamese bakery on Oahu and has branched into popular small restaurants sprinkled throughout the Islands. Some are kiosks in malls; others are stand-alones with some picnic tables out front, as is the case at this location, which is one of four on Maui. Vietnamese pho (the famous soups laden with seafood or rare beef, fresh basil, bean sprouts, and lime) share menu space with local-style saimin and plates of barbecue or spicy chicken, beef, pork, or local fish served with jasmine rice. The delicious sandwiches—banh mi in Vietnamese—are perfect for lunch to stay or to go. There are a slew of tapioca flavors for dessert.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are half way through our annual winter trip to the island of Hawaii. Read more
JANUARY 2014 ANNIVERSARY TRIP TO THE BIG ISLAND:
HOOKED ON HILO; KOHALA COAST IS COSTLY!
Recommended: 5/5 stars:
Shipman House Bed & Breakfast Inn
on “Reed's Island” i Read more
I need to be in Hilo for 2 days but would prefer to stay in the Kona side. Read more
· News & Features
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where ... Read more
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year.... Read more
When on Maui, you'll have no trouble finding a good meal.... Read more