- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ba-Le Sandwiches & Plate Lunch
Ba-Le Sandwiches & Plate Lunch Review
It began as a French-Vietnamese bakery on Oahu and has branched into popular small restaurants sprinkled throughout the Islands. Some are kiosks in malls; others are stand-alones with some picnic tables out front, as is the case at this location, which is one of four on Maui. Vietnamese pho (the famous soups laden with seafood or rare beef, fresh basil, bean sprouts, and lime) share menu space with local-style saimin and plates of barbecue or spicy chicken, beef, pork, or local fish served with jasmine rice. The delicious sandwiches—banh mi in Vietnamese—are perfect for lunch to stay or to go. There are a slew of tapioca flavors for dessert.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We arrived on Thanksgiving day about 12:30 pm. Read more
We just got back from our 12-day vacation on Maui to celebrate our 5th anniversary. Read more
I'm going to be in Cleveland, OH for the Gay Games in August 2014 (gg9cle.com) and then making my way back to Sydney via the West Coast of the USA.
I'm an ardent yachtie (I'll be sailing in the Gay Games) Read more
· News & Features
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year. ... Read more
When on Maui, you'll have no trouble finding a good meal.... Read more
For when the kids get bored of building sandcastles while the parents hang out at the tiki bar, here are... Read more