- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Maui 2014
Da Kitchen Review
After a floor-to-ceiling renovation in late 2013, this extremely popular purveyor of all food "local" is bright, shiny, comfortable, and able to accommodate at least 30 more hungry diners than before. But don't worry, the food is every bit as good as it's ever been. Try the signature mahimahi tempura, loco moco, Hawaiian plate, chicken katsu, and daily mixed bentos; and be assured everything on the menu is delicious and the portions are gigantic. The upbeat ambience is reflected in the service as well as the food. There's an "express" location in Kihei, but we recommend the happy, always-crowded Kahului location.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are half way through our annual winter trip to the island of Hawaii. Read more
JANUARY 2014 ANNIVERSARY TRIP TO THE BIG ISLAND:
HOOKED ON HILO; KOHALA COAST IS COSTLY!
Recommended: 5/5 stars:
Shipman House Bed & Breakfast Inn
on “Reed's Island” i Read more
I need to be in Hilo for 2 days but would prefer to stay in the Kona side. Read more
· News & Features
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where ... Read more
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year.... Read more
When on Maui, you'll have no trouble finding a good meal.... Read more