- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Maui 2014
Olowalu General Store
Olowalu General Store Review
A Maui landmark for almost seven decades, one of the island's last true mom-and-pops is best known for its hot dogs, homemade Spam musubi (a slice of Spam on top of a block of rice, all wrapped in nori), and boiled peanuts. Don't overlook the plate lunches—Kalua pork, mochiko chicken, and breaded teriyaki beef are best sellers—and the burgers. Full, local-style, hearty breakfast plates are just $5.99, including a soda or juice. There are also smoothies, scoops of Maui's own Roselani Ice Cream in eight tropical flavors, and a wide selection of shave ice flavors, too.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are half way through our annual winter trip to the island of Hawaii. Read more
JANUARY 2014 ANNIVERSARY TRIP TO THE BIG ISLAND:
HOOKED ON HILO; KOHALA COAST IS COSTLY!
Recommended: 5/5 stars:
Shipman House Bed & Breakfast Inn
on “Reed's Island” i Read more
I need to be in Hilo for 2 days but would prefer to stay in the Kona side. Read more
· News & Features
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where ... Read more
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year.... Read more
When on Maui, you'll have no trouble finding a good meal.... Read more