- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Maui 2014
Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa
At a Glance
- you can meet every vacation need without ever leaving the property
- many shops
- at these prices, service should be extraordinary, but isn't always up to par
- extra charges for resort fee, parking, and more
- sometimes too much is too much
Check Rates from our Partners
Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa Review
"Grand" is no exaggeration for this opulent, sunny, 40-acre resort—either astounding or over the top, depending on your point of view—with elaborate water features such as a "canyon riverpool" with slides, caves, a Tarzan swing, and a water elevator. Tropical garden paths meander past artwork by Léger, Botero, and noted Hawaiian artists—sculptures even hide in waterfalls. Spacious ocean-view rooms are outfitted with stuffed chaises, comfortable desks, and oversize marble bathrooms. Spa Grande is the island's most comprehensive spa facility, offering everything from mineral baths to massage. For kids, Camp Grande has a game room and movie theater. Among the hotel's restaurants, Alan Wong's Amasia offers cuisine that Wong descibes as "East meets West meets Hawaii." The Grand Wailea is definitely not the place to go for a quiet retreat or for attentive service.
Go huge or go home, as the saying goes. This place is more than a pool—it's a water park. The Grand Wailea has nine pools on six levels and water features that kids adore, including slides, caves, a water swing, waterfalls, and a "river" that connects several pools. The excellent—and equally over-the-top—lodgings and facilities at this resort make it one of the best on Maui.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
· News & Features
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where ... Read more
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year.... Read more
When on Maui, you'll have no trouble finding a good meal.... Read more