- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Maui 2014
Ukumehame Beach Park
Ukumehame Beach Park Review
This popular park is also known as Thousand Peaks, because there's barely a break between each wave. Beginning to intermediate surfers say it's a good spot to longboard or body board. It's easy entry into the water, and you don't have to paddle out far. The beach itself leaves something to be desired, because it's more dead grass than sand, but there is some shade, mostly from thorny kiawe trees; footwear is a good idea. Portable toilets are available, along with picnic tables and grills. Amenities: parking (no fee); showers; toilets. Best for: surfing.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
We are traveling to Maui for 2 weeks in Apr-May. Read more
· News & Features
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where ... Read more
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year.... Read more
When on Maui, you'll have no trouble finding a good meal.... Read more