- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Maui 2014
Kanaha Beach Review
Windsurfers, kiteboarders, joggers, and picnicking families like this long, golden strip of sand bordered by a wide grassy area with lots of shade. The winds pick up in the early afternoon, making for the best kiteboarding and windsurfing conditions—if you know what you're doing, that is. The best spot for watching kiteboarders is at the far left end of the beach. From Kaahumanu Avenue, turn makai (toward the ocean) onto Hobron Street, then right onto Amala Place. Drive just over a mile through an industrial area and take any of the three entrances into Kanaha. Amenities: lifeguard; parking (free); showers; toilets. Best for: walking; windsurfing.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are half way through our annual winter trip to the island of Hawaii. Read more
JANUARY 2014 ANNIVERSARY TRIP TO THE BIG ISLAND:
HOOKED ON HILO; KOHALA COAST IS COSTLY!
Recommended: 5/5 stars:
Shipman House Bed & Breakfast Inn
on “Reed's Island” i Read more
WHen travelling I'm usually a self-planner, using the great advice from this site and guide books to plan out my travels. Read more
· News & Features
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where ... Read more
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year.... Read more
When on Maui, you'll have no trouble finding a good meal.... Read more