4820 Makena Alanui Rd., Makena, Hawaii, 96753, USA
For travelers who've done all there is to do on Maui and just want simple but luxurious relaxation at a condo that spills onto a private beach, this is the spot. The security-gate entrance gives way to lush tropical landscaping embracing an herb garden and two pools. The secluded complex, which hugs the South Shore coastline, is designed to belie its size; from the road it's hard to tell that the two- to three-bedroom units are taller than a palm tree, all with ocean views. Water aerobics and tennis clinics are offered seasonally. Privacy envelops the grounds, which include remnants of an ancient Hawaiian fishing heiau (a temple comprising a rock formation).
- away from it all, yet still close enough to "civilization"
- great snorkeling right off the beach
- laundry facilities in every unit
- too secluded and "locked-up" for some
- split-level units may be difficult for guests with mobility issues
- check-in is at a different location (34 Wailea Gateway Plaza)
Rate Includes: No meals
BACK TO TOP