15200 Haleakala Hwy., Rte. 377, Kula, Hawaii, 96790, USA
Located at a 3,200-foot elevation, this older lodge within proximity to Haleakala National Park resembles a chalet in the Swiss Alps. Units, which have electric fireplaces and private lanais, are in two wooden cabins; four have lofts in addition to the ample bed space downstairs. On 3 acres and surrounded by tropical gardens, the lodge has expansive views of Haleakala and two coasts. The property has a restaurant with mesquite-fired pizza oven, an art gallery, and a protea store that will pack flowers for you to take home; next door is a gift shop. There have been some complaints about musty odors.
- a quiet place in the country
- decent base of operations for Haleakala and Upcountry exploring
- it's a long, long way to the beach
- in winter, it can get downright cold
- no refrigerator, TV, or air-conditioning in units
BACK TO TOP