- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Places to Relax After a Round
Among golf's great traditions is the so-called 19th hole. No matter how the first 18 go, the 19th is sure to offer comfort and cheer, not to mention a chilled beverage. Here's a look at some of the best.
Kapalua boasts three 19th holes with great fare and views: the Plantation House has a commanding view of the Plantation Course's 18th hole, the Pailolo Channel, and the island of Molokai beyond; the Pineapple Grill overlooks the Bay Course's 18th; and Merriman's Kapalua sits beside the ocean at Kapalua Bay.
At Wailea's Gold and Emerald courses, Gannon's overlooks the sea in a lovely garden setting and serves excellent food. The restaurant, with its elegant Red Bar, is owned and managed by famed chef Beverly Gannon of Haliimaile General Store and Joe's Bar & Grill in Wailea.
The Kahili Restaurant, a plantation-style clubhouse at the King Kamehameha Golf Club's Kahili Course, offers commanding views of the ocean on both sides of the island and of 10,000-foot Haleakala.
Café O'Lei at the Dunes at Maui Lani offers indoor and outdoor seating overlooking the golf course, as well as a stunning view of the West Maui Mountains. There is also a Café O'Lei restaurant at the Waiehu Golf Course.
And though not affiliated with elleair, golfers from this course frequent Lulu's and Henry's in the heart of Kihei.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's