- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Places to Relax After a Round
Among golf's great traditions is the so-called 19th hole. No matter how the first 18 go, the 19th is sure to offer comfort and cheer, not to mention a chilled beverage. Here's a look at some of the best.
Kapalua boasts three 19th holes with great fare and views: the Plantation House has a commanding view of the Plantation Course's 18th hole, the Pailolo Channel, and the island of Molokai beyond; the Pineapple Grill overlooks the Bay Course's 18th; and Merriman's Kapalua sits beside the ocean at Kapalua Bay.
At Wailea's Gold and Emerald courses, Gannon's overlooks the sea in a lovely garden setting and serves excellent food. The restaurant, with its elegant Red Bar, is owned and managed by famed chef Beverly Gannon of Haliimaile General Store and Joe's Bar & Grill in Wailea.
The Kahili Restaurant, a plantation-style clubhouse at the King Kamehameha Golf Club's Kahili Course, offers commanding views of the ocean on both sides of the island and of 10,000-foot Haleakala.
Café O'Lei at the Dunes at Maui Lani offers indoor and outdoor seating overlooking the golf course, as well as a stunning view of the West Maui Mountains. There is also a Café O'Lei restaurant at the Waiehu Golf Course.
And though not affiliated with elleair, golfers from this course frequent Lulu's and Henry's in the heart of Kihei.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe