- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Maui has a number of golf tournaments, most of which are of professional caliber and worth watching. Many are also televised nationally.
Hyundai Tournament of Champions. Held in January, the Hyundai Tournament of Champions is an attention-getter. This is the first official PGA tour event, held on Kapalua's Plantation Course. 808/665–9160 or. www.kapalua.com/golf/hyundai-tournament-champions.
Kapalua Clambake Pro-Am. A clambake feast at the Ritz-Carlton tops off the Kapalua Clambake Pro-Am in June. 808/665–3759. www.kapaluamaui.com.
Ka Lima O Maui Celebrity 100. Every May, self-proclaimed "lunatic" golfers play from sunrise to sunset in Wailea's annual Ka Lima O Maui Celebrity 100, a fund-raiser for a local charity. 808/875–7450. www.kalimaomaui.org.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe