- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Hawaii 2014
Chef Nobuyuki "Nobu" Matsuhisa offers his signature new-style Japanese cuisine in this open-air, relaxed luxury venue. This is fine dining without the stress, as black-clad waiters present dish after dish of beautifully seasoned, raw and lightly cooked seafood flown in directly from Alaska and Japan. Pale-gray wicker couches on the veranda provide comfortable sink-in seating, while inside diners relax around natural wood tables. An omakase (chef's choice) multicourse menu makes it easy for first-timers. This simple yet elegant establishment is as much about the experience as it is about the food itself, but brace yourself for a significant bill at meal's end.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
· News & Features
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more