- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Lanai
Seclusion and serenity: Lanai is small: local motion is slow motion. Get into the spirit and go home rested instead of exhausted.
Garden of the Gods: Walk amid the eerie red-rock spires that Hawaiians believe to be a sacred spot. The ocean views are magnificent, too; sunset is a good time to visit.
A dive at Cathedrals: Explore underwater pinnacle formations and mysterious caverns illuminated by shimmering rays of light.
Dole Park: Hang out in the shade of the Cook pines in Lanai City and talk story with the locals for a taste of old-time Hawaii.
Hit the water at Hulopoe Beach: This beach may have it all: good swimming, a shady park for perfect picnicking, great reefs for snorkeling, and sometimes plenty of spinner dolphins.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe