Sporting Clays and Archery in Lana‘i
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sporting Clays and Archery
For something different, you can try your hand at shooting or archery.
Lanai Pine Sporting Clays and Archery Range. Outstanding rustic terrain, challenging targets, and a well-stocked pro shop make this sporting-clays course top-flight in the expert's eyes. Sharpshooters can complete the meandering 14-station course in 1½ hours, with the help of a golf cart. There are group tournaments, and even kids can enjoy skilled instruction at the archery range and compressed-air rifle gallery. The $60 archery introduction includes an amusing "pineapple challenge"—contestants are given five arrows with which to hit a paper pineapple target. The winner takes home a crystal pineapple as a nostalgic souvenir of the old Dole Plantation days. Prices depend on amount of ammunition and activity. The range is on the Keomoku Road just past Cemetery Road on the windward side of island. 1 Keomoku Hwy., Lanai City, HI, 96763. 808/565–9385 or. www.lanaigrandadventures.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe