Horseback Riding in Lanai
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A horseback ride can be a memorable experience on the island.
Stables at Koele. The subtle beauty of the high country slowly reveals itself to horseback riders. Two-hour adventures traverse leafy trails with scenic overlooks. Well-trained horses take riders (must be over over 8 years old and under 225 pounds) of all skill levels. Prices range from $130 for a 90-minute group ride to $300 for a two-hour private ride. A four person carriage ride is $150 an hour. Lessons are also available. Book rides at the Four Seasons Resort Lodge at Koele or with Lanai Grand Adventures. 1 Keomuku Hwy., Lanai City, HI, 96763. 808/563-9385, or. www.lanaigrandadventures.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1399 & up -- 7-Nt. Hawaii Cruise on Norwegian, R/T Honolulu American Express Travel