- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Before you go, contact the Kauai Visitors Bureau for a free travel planner that has information on accommodations, transportation, sports and activities, dining, arts and entertainment, and culture. You can also take a virtual tour of the island that includes great photos and helpful planning information.
The Hawaii Tourism Authority's Travel Smart Hawaii site offers tips on everything from packing to flying. Also visit the Hawaii State Vacation Planner for all information on the destination, including camping.
Online Travel Tools
The Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources has information on hiking, fishing, and camping permits and licenses; online brochures on hiking safety and mountain and ocean preservation; and details on volunteer programs. The Kauai Visitors Bureau has Kauai-specific information on everything from activities to lodging options and organizes it by geographic regions on the island.
All About Kauai
Hawaii Beach Safety (www.oceansaftey.soest.hawaii.edu/.)
Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources (www.state.hi.us/dlnr.)
Kauai Vacation Explorer (www.kauaiexplorer.com.)
Kauai Visitors Bureau (www.gohawaii.com/kauai.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's