- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Makana Terrace Review
Enjoy dining while gazing at a breathtaking panoramic view of Hanalei Bay. There's no doubt it's pricey, but you're paying for the view—sit on the terrace if you can—and for an attentive staff. The focus is on local, Hawaiian-grown foods here, including the fish plate of a fresh Pacific catch, which is your best bet for lunch. For breakfast, feast at an extensive buffet or order à la carte. A fantastic and expensive brunch is the only option on Sunday morning and afternoon. The sushi is a good dinner choice—splurge on the petite fillet and lobster tail (around $58) and time your dinner around sunset for an unforgettable Hawaiian vista.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
· News & Features
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year. ... Read more
So you think you know Kauai?... Read more
Being bohemian in the big city is so passé.... Read more