- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pali Ke Kua Beach (Hideaways Beach)
Pali Ke Kua Beach (Hideaways Beach) Review
This is actually two very small pocket beaches separated by a narrow rocky point. The beach area itself is narrow and can all but disappear in wintertime. However, in summer, the steep, rocky trail (don't trust the rusty handrails and rotting ropes) that provides access reduces the number of beachgoers, at times creating a deserted beach feel. Winter's high surf creates dangerous conditions. Don't attempt the trail after a heavy rain—it turns into a mudslide. Amenities: parking. Best For: surfing; sunset.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are half way through our annual winter trip to the island of Hawaii. Read more
JANUARY 2014 ANNIVERSARY TRIP TO THE BIG ISLAND:
HOOKED ON HILO; KOHALA COAST IS COSTLY!
Recommended: 5/5 stars:
Shipman House Bed & Breakfast Inn
on “Reed's Island” i Read more
I need to be in Hilo for 2 days but would prefer to stay in the Kona side. Read more
· News & Features
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year. ... Read more
So you think you know Kauai?... Read more
Being bohemian in the big city is so passé.... Read more