- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Brennecke's Beach Broiler
Brennecke's Beach Broiler Review
Brennecke's is decidedly casual and fun, with a busy bar, windows overlooking the beach, and a cheery blue-and-white interior. It specializes in big portions in a wide range of offerings including ribeye steak, burgers, fish tacos, pasta, shrimp, and the fresh catch of the day. Can't decide? Then create your own combination meal. This place is especially good for happy hour (3 pm to 5 pm and 8:30 pm to closing), as the drink and pupu menus bring the prices closer to reality. The fare is fair, but the ocean view and convenient location compensate for the food's shortcomings. There's a take-out deli with shave ice downstairs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are half way through our annual winter trip to the island of Hawaii. Read more
JANUARY 2014 ANNIVERSARY TRIP TO THE BIG ISLAND:
HOOKED ON HILO; KOHALA COAST IS COSTLY!
Recommended: 5/5 stars:
Shipman House Bed & Breakfast Inn
on “Reed's Island” i Read more
I need to be in Hilo for 2 days but would prefer to stay in the Kona side. Read more
· News & Features
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year. ... Read more
So you think you know Kauai?... Read more
Being bohemian in the big city is so passé.... Read more