- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dani's Restaurant Review
Kauai residents frequent this large, spare eatery near the Lihue Fire Station for hearty, local-style at breakfast and lunch. Dani's is a good place to try traditional luau cuisine without commercial luau prices. You can order Hawaiian-style laulau (pork and taro leaves wrapped in ti leaves and steamed) or kalua pig, slow roasted in an underground oven. Other island-style dishes include Japanese-prepared tonkatsu (pork cutlet) and teriyaki beef, and there's always the all-American New York steak. Omelets are whipped up with fish cake, kalua pig, or seafood; everything is served with rice.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
It was a year ago that I started the last Hawaii countdown. Read more
· News & Features
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year. ... Read more
So you think you know Kauai?... Read more
Being bohemian in the big city is so passé.... Read more