- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Na Aina Kai
Na Aina Kai Review
One small sign along the highway is all that promotes this once-private garden gone big time. Joyce and Ed Doty's love for plants and art now spans 240 acres and includes many different gardens, a hardwood plantation, a canyon, lagoons, a Japanese teahouse, a poinciana maze, a waterfall, and a sandy beach. Throughout are more than 160 bronze sculptures, reputedly one of the nation's largest collections. One popular feature is a children's garden with a 16-foot-tall Jack and the Beanstalk bronze sculpture, gecko maze, tree house, kid-size train and, of course, a tropical jungle. Located in a residential neighborhood and hoping to maintain good neighborly relations, the garden, which is now a nonprofit organization, limits tours (guided only). Tour lengths vary widely, from 1½ to 5 hours. Reservations are required.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are half way through our annual winter trip to the island of Hawaii. Read more
JANUARY 2014 ANNIVERSARY TRIP TO THE BIG ISLAND:
HOOKED ON HILO; KOHALA COAST IS COSTLY!
Recommended: 5/5 stars:
Shipman House Bed & Breakfast Inn
on “Reed's Island” i Read more
I need to be in Hilo for 2 days but would prefer to stay in the Kona side. Read more
· News & Features
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year. ... Read more
So you think you know Kauai?... Read more
Being bohemian in the big city is so passé.... Read more