- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Café Portofino Review
The lengthy menu at this mostly authentic northern Italian restaurant is as impressive as the views of Kalapaki Bay and the Haupu range. Owner Giuseppe Avocadi's better-sounding-than-tasting dishes have managed to garner a host of culinary awards and raves from dining critics. The osso buco is a signature dish, and the fresh catch, pasta, scampi, and veal are enhanced by sauces. Linger over coffee and ice cream-filled profiteroles or traditional tiramisu while enjoying romantic harp music. Competent service and a soothing, dignified ambience complete the dining experience. Choose the open-air dining area for a romantic meal.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
· News & Features
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year. ... Read more
So you think you know Kauai?... Read more
Being bohemian in the big city is so passé.... Read more