- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If you've got to leave one part of this island for the next trip, this is the part to skip. It's a longish drive to West Oahu by island standards—45 minutes to Kapolei from Waikiki and 90 minutes to Waianae—and Central Oahu has little to offer. The Waianae Coast is naturally beautiful, but the area doesn't have the tourist amenities you'll find elsewhere on the island. The attraction most worth the trek to West Oahu is Hawaii's Plantation Village in Waipahu, about a half hour out of town; it's a living-history museum built from actual homes of turn-of-the-20th-century plantation workers.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's