- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Taxis can be found at the airport, in the more popular resort areas, or by calling local taxi companies. Rates are $3.10 at the drop of the flag and each additional mile is $3.20. Drivers are generally courteous and the cars are in good condition, many of them air-conditioned. In addition, taxi and limousine companies can provide a car and driver for half-day or daylong island tours, and a number of companies also offer personal guides. Remember, however, that rates are quite steep for these services, ranging from $100 to $200 or more per day.
Carey Hawaii Chauffeured Services (888/563–2888 or 808/572–3400. www.careyhawaii.com.)
Charley's Taxi & Limousine (808/233-3333. www.charleystaxi.com.)
Elite Limousine Service (800/776–2098 or 808/735–2431. www.elitelimohawaii.com.)
The Cab Hawaii (808/422–2222. www.thecabhawaii.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe