- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Hawaii 2014
Off Kapahulu Avenue, longtime local favorite Waiola Shave Ice, known for its powdery shaved ice (or sno cone) and wide variety of flavors, has become nationally known through its regular appearance on the reboot of Hawaii Five-0. In real life, the service at this little house with a takeout window is a bit surly and the prices are slightly higher than those at most other shave ice places, but it's close to Waikiki. Nothing beats shave ice for an après-beach snack. Customize your cone with add ons such as ice cream, sweetened condensed milk, and azuki beans.
- Address: 3113 Mokihana St., Kapahulu, Honolulu, HI 96816
- Phone: 808/735–8886
- Location: Greater Honolulu and Diamond Head
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
It was a year ago that I started the last Hawaii countdown. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more