- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Turtle Bay Resort
At a Glance
- great open, public spaces in a secluded area of Oahu
- beautiful 2 level spa
- renovation work planned for 2013 and 2014 may cause disruptions
- very far from anything else—even Haleiwa is a 20-minute drive
- hotel charges a $25 per night resort fee
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Turtle Bay Resort Review
Sprawling over 880 acres of natural landscape on the edge of Kuilima Point in Kahuku, the Turtle Bay Resort boasts spacious guest rooms averaging nearly 500 square feet, with lanai that showcase stunning peninsula views. In winter, when the big waves roll ashore, you get a front-row seat for the powerful surf. The 42 sumptuous oceanfront beach cottages have Brazilian-walnut floors, teak rockers on the lanai, and beds you can sink right into while listening to the sounds of the ocean. Turtle Bay has a Hans Heidemann Surf School, horse stables, a spa, and the only 36-hole golf facility on Oahu to keep you busy. There are two swimming pools, one with an 80-foot waterslide, and an entire cove to play in. While out exploring Turtle Bay's 12 miles of nature trails, don't be surprised if you suddenly find yourself "Lost." The hit ABC television series often used the resort's beaches, coves, and natural forests for location filming.
- Address: 57-091 Kamehameha Hwy., Box 187, Kahuku, HI, 96731 | Map It
- Phone: 808/293-8811; 800/203-3650
- Website: www.turtlebayresort.com
- Location: North Shore Oahu
- 397 rooms, 40 suites, 42 beach cottages, 56 ocean villas.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $118 & up -- Waikiki Beach Hotel w/Oceanarium & Spa, 35% Off BookIt.com
- $199 & up -- Big Island Family Beach Hotel, Kids Eat Free BookIt.com
- $675 & up -- Sheraton Kauai: 3-Nt. Vacation w/Car Rental Pleasant Holidays
- $1399 & up -- 7-Nt. Hawaii Cruise on Norwegian, R/T Honolulu American Express Travel
- $9.99 & up -- Car Rentals across Hawaii CarRentals.com
Recently back from a wonderful first trip to Kauai! Read more
First, the disclaimer …
This trip will probably seem boring to most people, but the entire purpose was to R-E-L-A-X. Read more
I've just had my reservations cancelled by owners (vrbo and airbnb) due to the apparent crackdown on vacation rentals.
Heads up for those looking for places - sounds like prices will rise substantially Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more