The Turtle Bay Resort
At a Glance
- great open, public spaces in a secluded area of Oahu
- beautiful two-level spa
- renovation work planned for 2014 may cause disruptions
- very far from anything else—even Haleiwa is a 20-minute drive
- hotel charges a $25 per night resort fee
Check Rates from our Partners
The Turtle Bay Resort Review
Sprawling over 880 acres of natural landscape on the edge of Kuilima Point in Kahuku, the Turtle Bay Resort boasts spacious guest rooms averaging nearly 500 square feet, with lanai that showcase stunning peninsula views. In winter, when the big waves roll ashore, you get a front-row seat for the powerful surf. The 42 sumptuous oceanfront beach cottages have Brazilian-walnut floors, teak rockers on the lanai, and beds you can sink right into while listening to the sounds of the ocean. Starting in 2014, the resort will undergo a massive renovation, with a focus on sustainability, of its guest rooms and suites. The new full-service Nalu Kinetic Spa and the North Shore Kula Grille have already opened; two new shops are still forthcoming at this writing, and another restaurant, Paakai, will replace 21 Degrees North. The lower rooftops will receive a 59,000-square-foot landscaped native plant and rock garden to improve views and lower energy use. Turtle Bay has a Hans Heidemann Surf School, horse stables, a spa, and the only 36-hole golf facility on Oahu to keep you busy. There are two swimming pools, one with an 80-foot waterslide, and an entire cove to play in. While out exploring Turtle Bay's 12 miles of nature trails, don't be surprised if you suddenly find yourself "Lost." The hit ABC television series often used the resort's beaches, coves, and natural forests for location filming.
- Address: 57-091 Kamehameha Hwy., Box 187, Kahuku, HI, 96731 | Map It
- Phone: 808/293–6000; 800/203–3650; 866/827–5321
- Website: www.turtlebayresort.com
- Location: North Shore Oahu
- 397 rooms, 40 suites, 42 beach cottages, 56 ocean villas
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
View deals in Honolulu and Oahu for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More