- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Hawaii 2014
The Turtle Bay Resort
At a Glance
- great open, public spaces in a secluded area of Oahu
- beautiful two-level spa
- renovation work planned for 2014 may cause disruptions
- very far from anything else—even Haleiwa is a 20-minute drive
- hotel charges a $25 per night resort fee
Check Rates from our Partners
The Turtle Bay Resort Review
Sprawling over 880 acres of natural landscape on the edge of Kuilima Point in Kahuku, the Turtle Bay Resort boasts spacious guest rooms averaging nearly 500 square feet, with lanai that showcase stunning peninsula views. In winter, when the big waves roll ashore, you get a front-row seat for the powerful surf. The 42 sumptuous oceanfront beach cottages have Brazilian-walnut floors, teak rockers on the lanai, and beds you can sink right into while listening to the sounds of the ocean. Starting in 2014, the resort will undergo a massive renovation, with a focus on sustainability, of its guest rooms and suites. The new full-service Nalu Kinetic Spa and the North Shore Kula Grille have already opened; two new shops are still forthcoming at this writing, and another restaurant, Paakai, will replace 21 Degrees North. The lower rooftops will receive a 59,000-square-foot landscaped native plant and rock garden to improve views and lower energy use. Turtle Bay has a Hans Heidemann Surf School, horse stables, a spa, and the only 36-hole golf facility on Oahu to keep you busy. There are two swimming pools, one with an 80-foot waterslide, and an entire cove to play in. While out exploring Turtle Bay's 12 miles of nature trails, don't be surprised if you suddenly find yourself "Lost." The hit ABC television series often used the resort's beaches, coves, and natural forests for location filming.
- Address: 57-091 Kamehameha Hwy., Box 187 Kahuku, HI 96731 | Map It
- Phone: 808/293–6000; 800/203–3650; 866/827–5321 reservations
- Website: www.turtlebayresort.com
- Location: North Shore Oahu
- 397 rooms, 40 suites, 42 beach cottages, 56 ocean villas.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are half way through our annual winter trip to the island of Hawaii. Read more
JANUARY 2014 ANNIVERSARY TRIP TO THE BIG ISLAND:
HOOKED ON HILO; KOHALA COAST IS COSTLY!
Recommended: 5/5 stars:
Shipman House Bed & Breakfast Inn
on “Reed's Island” i Read more
I need to be in Hilo for 2 days but would prefer to stay in the Kona side. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more