- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Hawaii 2014
Heeia Pier General Store and Deli
Heeia Pier General Store and Deli Review
This shack at the end of Heeia Pier serves a-cut-above plate lunches to a motley crew of local fishermen, young hipsters (the owner used to be a club promoter), and tourists who veer off the beaten track. Try the guava barbecue chicken or the luau stew (a hearty stew made with taro leaves and beef), which are specialties; the fish specials are always good. This place is worth a stop if you're exploring the Windward side.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
We are traveling to Maui for 2 weeks in Apr-May. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more