- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Hawaii 2014
Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa
At a Glance
- tons to do on premise
- very kid-friendly
- a 1,500-square-foot teens-only spa with a private entrance, yogurt bar, and teen-specific treatments
- a long way from Waikiki
- "character breakfasts" are often sold out
Check Rates from our Partners
Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Review
In September 2011, Disney opened its first property in Hawaii, an elaborate, full-service complex in the resort area of Ko Olina about a 40-minute drive from Waikiki on Oahu's leeward side. Years later, the resort—complete with Disney characters roaming its 21 acres—offers 359 guest rooms, including 16 suites, and 481 time-share units. But trust us, you won't be staying in your room. Aulani has four restaurants, two lounges, an enormous pool complex with a man-made snorkeling lagoon, an 18,000-square-foot luxury spa, a full-service fitness center, an entire beach to enjoy, and lessons in traditional Hawaiian crafts, hula, and storytelling. The most recent expansion project includes the Waikolohe Valley pool area with a family-friendly pool complete with misty grotto, a poolside eatery, and an adults-only pool.
- Address: 92-1185 Aliinui Dr., Ko Olina, Kapolei, HI 96707 | Map It
- Phone: 714/520–7001; 808/674–6200; 866/443–4763
- Website: resorts.disney.go.com/aulani-hawaii-resort
- Location: West (Leeward) Oahu
- 359 rooms, 16 suites, 481 villas.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
We are traveling to Maui for 2 weeks in Apr-May. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more