- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa
At a Glance
- tons to do on premise
- very kid-friendly
- a 1,500-square-foot teens-only spa with a private entrance, yogurt bar, and teen-specific treatments
- a long way from Waikiki
- "character breakfasts" are often sold out
Check Rates from our Partners
Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Review
In September 2011, Disney opened its first hotel and time-share develoment not connected to a theme park, and first property in Hawaii, in the resort area of Ko Olina, about a 40-minute drive from Waikiki on Oahu's leeward side. This resort—complete with Disney characters roaming its 21 acres—has 217 fully equipped hotel rooms and 73 two-bedroom time-share units in two towers, right on the ocean. (When the resort is completed in 2013, it will boast 359 guest rooms, including 16 suites, and 481 time-share units.) But trust us, you won't be staying in your room. Aulani has four restaurants, two lounges, an enormous pool complex with a man-made snorkeling lagoon, an 18,000-square-foot luxury spa, a full-service fitness center, an entire beach to enjoy, and lessons in traditional Hawaiian crafts, hula, and storytelling.
- Address: 92-1185 Aliinui Dr., Ko Olina, Kapolei, HI 96707 | Map It
- Phone: 714/520–7001; 808/674–6200; 866/443–4763
- Website: resorts.disney.go.com/aulani-hawaii-resort
- Location: West (Leeward) Oahu
- 359 rooms, 481 villas.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We just got back from our 12-day vacation on Maui to celebrate our 5th anniversary. Read more
Well … this isn’t going to be much of a trip report because I’m recovering from surgery, and can’t do the hiking that I’d typically do in Kauai. Read more
looking for dining suggestions in the Wailea,Maui area. Read more
· News & Features
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfec ... Read more
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological... Read more
Cruisers with a taste for dancing take note—you can compete aboard Holland America sailings to wi... Read more