- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa
At a Glance
- tons to do on premise
- very kid-friendly
- a 1,500-square-foot teens-only spa with a private entrance, yogurt bar, and teen-specific treatments
- a long way from Waikiki
- "character breakfasts" are often sold out
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Review
In September 2011, Disney opened its first hotel and time-share develoment not connected to a theme park, and first property in Hawaii, in the resort area of Ko Olina, about a 40-minute drive from Waikiki on Oahu's leeward side. This resort—complete with Disney characters roaming its 21 acres—has 217 fully equipped hotel rooms and 73 two-bedroom time-share units in two towers, right on the ocean. (When the resort is completed in 2013, it will boast 359 guest rooms, including 16 suites, and 481 time-share units.) But trust us, you won't be staying in your room. Aulani has four restaurants, two lounges, an enormous pool complex with a man-made snorkeling lagoon, an 18,000-square-foot luxury spa, a full-service fitness center, an entire beach to enjoy, and lessons in traditional Hawaiian crafts, hula, and storytelling.
- Address: 92-1185 Aliinui Dr., Ko Olina, Kapolei, HI, 96707 | Map It
- Phone: 714/520-7001; 808/674-6200; 866/443-4763
- Website: resorts.disney.go.com/aulani-hawaii-resort
- Location: West (Leeward) Oahu
- 359 rooms, 481 villas.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $118 & up -- Waikiki Beach Hotel w/Oceanarium & Spa, 35% Off BookIt.com
- $199 & up -- Big Island Family Beach Hotel, Kids Eat Free BookIt.com
- $675 & up -- Sheraton Kauai: 3-Nt. Vacation w/Car Rental Pleasant Holidays
- $1399 & up -- 7-Nt. Hawaii Cruise on Norwegian, R/T Honolulu American Express Travel
- $9.99 & up -- Car Rentals across Hawaii CarRentals.com
Recently back from a wonderful first trip to Kauai! Read more
First, the disclaimer …
This trip will probably seem boring to most people, but the entire purpose was to R-E-L-A-X. Read more
I've just had my reservations cancelled by owners (vrbo and airbnb) due to the apparent crackdown on vacation rentals.
Heads up for those looking for places - sounds like prices will rise substantially Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more