- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Hawaii 2014
Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa
At a Glance
- tons to do on premise
- very kid-friendly
- a 1,500-square-foot teens-only spa with a private entrance, yogurt bar, and teen-specific treatments
- a long way from Waikiki
- "character breakfasts" are often sold out
Check Rates from our Partners
Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Review
In September 2011, Disney opened its first property in Hawaii, an elaborate, full-service complex in the resort area of Ko Olina about a 40-minute drive from Waikiki on Oahu's leeward side. Years later, the resort—complete with Disney characters roaming its 21 acres—offers 359 guest rooms, including 16 suites, and 481 time-share units. But trust us, you won't be staying in your room. Aulani has four restaurants, two lounges, an enormous pool complex with a man-made snorkeling lagoon, an 18,000-square-foot luxury spa, a full-service fitness center, an entire beach to enjoy, and lessons in traditional Hawaiian crafts, hula, and storytelling. The most recent expansion project includes the Waikolohe Valley pool area with a family-friendly pool complete with misty grotto, a poolside eatery, and an adults-only pool.
- Address: 92-1185 Aliinui Dr., Ko Olina, Kapolei, HI 96707 | Map It
- Phone: 714/520–7001; 808/674–6200; 866/443–4763
- Website: resorts.disney.go.com/aulani-hawaii-resort
- Location: West (Leeward) Oahu
- 359 rooms, 16 suites, 481 villas.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are half way through our annual winter trip to the island of Hawaii. Read more
JANUARY 2014 ANNIVERSARY TRIP TO THE BIG ISLAND:
HOOKED ON HILO; KOHALA COAST IS COSTLY!
Recommended: 5/5 stars:
Shipman House Bed & Breakfast Inn
on “Reed's Island” i Read more
I need to be in Hilo for 2 days but would prefer to stay in the Kona side. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more