- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Hawaii 2014
Side Street Inn on Da Strip
Side Street Inn on Da Strip Review
The original Hopaka Street pub is famous as the place where celebrity chefs gather after hours; this second location, also run by Colin Nishida, is on bustling Kapahulu Avenue, closer to Waikiki. Local-style bar food—salty pan-fried pork chops with a plastic tub of ketchup; fried rice; and passion fruit–glazed ribs—comes in huge, shareable portions. This is a place to dress any way you like, nosh all night, and watch sports on TV. Pupu (in portions so large as to be dinner) are served from 3 pm to 11:30 pm daily.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
We are traveling to Maui for 2 weeks in Apr-May. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more