- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Hawaii 2014
Honolulu has its share of Japanese-owned Italian restaurants, and Taormina, taking its culinary cues from Sicily, is the best. In a sleek, elegant room (there is outdoor seating, but this is one place we recommend staying indoors), the menu includes clean, well-executed classics, from grilled squid over cannellini beans to a giant veal Parmesan. Pastas include tuna-and-bottarga spaghetti and the trademark uni (sea urchin) with tagliatelle. The artfully presented antipasti misti (mixed appetizers) should not be missed. For dessert, go traditional with cannoli or contemporary with an acai granita and taro chips. The wine list is extensive.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more