- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Hawaii 2014
Honolulu has its share of Japanese-owned Italian restaurants, and Taormina, taking its culinary cues from Sicily, is the best. In a sleek, elegant room (there is outdoor seating, but this is one place we recommend staying indoors), the menu includes clean, well-executed classics, from grilled squid over cannellini beans to a giant veal Parmesan. Pastas include tuna-and-bottarga spaghetti and the trademark uni (sea urchin) with tagliatelle. The artfully presented antipasti misti (mixed appetizers) should not be missed. For dessert, go traditional with cannoli or contemporary with an acai granita and taro chips. The wine list is extensive.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are half way through our annual winter trip to the island of Hawaii. Read more
JANUARY 2014 ANNIVERSARY TRIP TO THE BIG ISLAND:
HOOKED ON HILO; KOHALA COAST IS COSTLY!
Recommended: 5/5 stars:
Shipman House Bed & Breakfast Inn
on “Reed's Island” i Read more
I need to be in Hilo for 2 days but would prefer to stay in the Kona side. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more