- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Hawaii 2014
Kakaako Kitchen Review
Russell Siu was the first of the local-boy fine dining chefs to open a place of the sort he enjoys when he's off-duty, serving high-quality plate lunches (he uses house-made sauce instead of from-a-mix brown gravy, for example). Here you can get a crab-and-avocado salad sandwich and honey-soy sauce pork chops with two scoops of either brown or white rice, and green salad instead of the usual macaroni salad. Breakfast is especially good, with combos like corned-beef hash and eggs, as well as exceptional baked goods. You order at the counter (be prepared to stand in line if you go right at noon), stake out a table, and wait for the food to come.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
· News & Features
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more