Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
At a Glance
- intimate atmosphere
- great location
- a bit worn down
- parking space is limited though free
Check Rates from our Partners
The Breakers Review
Despite an explosion of high-rise construction all around it, the low-rise Breakers continues to offer a taste of 1960s Hawaii in this small complex a mere half-block from Waikiki Beach. The Breakers' six two-story, ranch-style buildings surround its pool and overlook gardens filled with tropical flowers. Guest rooms have Japanese-style shoji doors that open to the lanai, kitchenettes, and bathrooms with showers only. The Breakers enjoys enviable proximity to the Waikiki Beach Walk entertainment, dining, and retail complex and is very popular thanks to its reasonable prices and great location. Wasabi Bistro, a popular Japanese restaurant in Kapahulu is here.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from five days in Ka'anapali over Memorial Day weekend. BIG, BIG highlights: Fest at Lele - definitely work the $$$ - intima... Read more
Trip to Hawaii 10th May 2014 – 26th May 2014 This is not a nice relaxing at the beach type of vacation, it was all about see... Read more