- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Alan Wong's Restaurant Honolulu
Alan Wong's Restaurant Honolulu Review
This not-to-be-missed restaurant is like that very rare shell you stumble upon on a perfect day at the beach—well polished and without a flaw. We've never had a bad experience here, and we've never heard of anyone else having one either. The "Wong Way," as it's not-so-jokingly called by his staff, includes an ingrained understanding of the aloha spirit, evident in the skilled but unstarched service, and creative and playful interpretations of Island cuisine. Try Da Bag (clams and kalua pig steamed in an aluminum pouch), ginger crusted onaga (snapper), or if you're feeling indulgent, the chef's tasting menu. With warm tones of koa wood, and lauhala grass weaving, you'll forget you're on the third floor of an office building.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We arrived on Thanksgiving day about 12:30 pm. Read more
We just got back from our 12-day vacation on Maui to celebrate our 5th anniversary. Read more
I'm going to be in Cleveland, OH for the Gay Games in August 2014 (gg9cle.com) and then making my way back to Sydney via the West Coast of the USA.
I'm an ardent yachtie (I'll be sailing in the Gay Games) Read more
· News & Features
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort. ... Read more
Arts and culture are celebrated as much as the world-class beaches in St.... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more