- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Hawaii 2014
12th Avenue Grill
12th Avenue Grill Review
Until October 2013, it was hard to get a table at this popular contemporary American spot—that's when it moved down the street to larger, airier digs with a big bar serving handcrafted cocktails. Now you have a better chance of trying chef Jason Schoonover's locavore, seasonal food. Bright flavors in sometimes surprising combinations mark dishes like kampachi sashimi dusted with coriander and lime and served with serrano chimichurri, and grilled chicken marinated in ginger, tarragon, honey, and mustard. The specials are always excellent, and the passion-fruit mochi cake with vanilla-ginger syrup is one of the best desserts in town.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are half way through our annual winter trip to the island of Hawaii. Read more
JANUARY 2014 ANNIVERSARY TRIP TO THE BIG ISLAND:
HOOKED ON HILO; KOHALA COAST IS COSTLY!
Recommended: 5/5 stars:
Shipman House Bed & Breakfast Inn
on “Reed's Island” i Read more
I need to be in Hilo for 2 days but would prefer to stay in the Kona side. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more