Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Michel's at the Colony Surf
Michel's at the Colony Surf Review
Consistently voted "most romantic restaurant" in local publications' reader polls, Michel's is an old-school French favorite on Waikiki's tranquil Gold Coast. You pay for the beachside view, which you watch turn from blue to fireball orange at sunset. (To get a window table you need to reserve at least a month in advance.) Opened in 1962, the place retains a Mad Men feel, with lots of wood and stone and bow-tied servers preparing things like steak tartare tableside. Among the French classics (garlicky escargots, mustard-crusted rack of lamb) are local twists, such as Kauai-raised prawns with passion-fruit vinaigrette and Chinese-style steamed pink snapper. Brunch is served the first Sunday of every month.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from five days in Ka'anapali over Memorial Day weekend. BIG, BIG highlights: Fest at Lele - definitely work the $$$ - intima... Read more
Trip to Hawaii 10th May 2014 – 26th May 2014 This is not a nice relaxing at the beach type of vacation, it was all about see... Read more