- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Hawaii 2014
The Veranda Review
The Veranda at the Moana Surfrider—Waikiki's first hotel—has its own interesting history. From this location, the radio program Hawaii Calls first broadcast the sounds of Hawaiian music to a U.S. mainland audience in 1935. Hawaiian entertainers continue to provide the perfect accompaniment to the sounds of the waves. There's a small bar in the dining area—this space turns into the Beachhouse at the Moana for dinner—or mosey to The Beach Bar below and enjoy live Hawaiian music nightly.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more