Volleyball in Honolulu and Oahu
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
With no shortage of sand, beach volleyball is an extremely popular sport on the Islands.
There are sand-volleyball courts in Waikiki near Fort DeRussy. These are open to the public, so talent levels vary. However, the winner-plays-on policy here guarantees a higher level of play as the day progresses. For more advanced play, go to Queen's Beach, where you must bring your own net (which can lead to court possessiveness). This is the area where college kids and pros come when they're in town.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's