Jogging in Honolulu and Oahu
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In Honolulu, the most popular places to jog are the two parks, Kapiolani and Ala Moana, at either end of Waikiki. In both cases, the loop around the park is just under 2 miles. You can run a 4-mile ring around Diamond Head crater, past scenic views, luxurious homes, and herds of other joggers.
Hawaii State Department of Health Community Resources Section. This department provides a free "Honolulu Walking Map" and "The Fitness Fun Map," which list more than two dozen walking and jogging routes and suggested itineraries. 1250 Punchbowl St., Room 422, Honolulu, HI, 96813. 808/586–4488. www.healthyhawaii.com/.
Running Room. Once you leave Honolulu, it gets trickier to find places to jog that are scenic as well as safe. It's best to stick to the well-traveled routes, or ask the experienced folks at this store for advice. 819 Kapahulu Ave., Kapahulu, Honolulu, HI, 96815. 808/737–2422. www.runningroomhawaii.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe