Snuba in Honolulu and Oahu
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Snuba, the combination of scuba and snorkeling, gives the nondiving set its first glimpse into the freedom of scuba. Snuba utilizes a raft with a standard air tank on it and a 20-foot air hose that hooks up to a regulator. Once attached to the hose, you can swim, unfettered by heavy tanks and weights, up to 15 feet down to chase fish and examine the reef. If you need a rest, the raft is right there, ready to support you. Kids eight years and older can use the equipment. It can be pricey, but, then again, how much is it worth to be able to sit face to face with a 6-foot Hawaiian green sea turtle and not have to rush to the surface to get another breath?
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's