Parasailing in Honolulu and Oahu
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Parasailing is the training-wheels approach to extreme sports—you think you want to try something crazy, but you're not ready to leap out of an airplane just yet. Generally in a parasail, you fly about 500 feet above the water, enjoying a bird's-eye view of the island's natural wonders.
X–Treme Parasailing. Best known for its high-flying parsail rides, X-Treme Parasailing pulls you as high as 1,200 feet, treating you to aerial views of Diamond Head and the island's southern shore. The company offers pickups from Waikiki hotels. Rates run from $47.65 to $78.05. Or you can just watch from the boat for $22.95. Kewalo Basin Harbor, 1085 Ala Moana Blvd., Honolulu, HI, 96814. 808/330–8308 or 808/737–3599. www.xtremeparasail.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe