- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Before you go, contact the Big Island Visitors Bureau to request a free official vacation planner with information on accommodations, transportation, sports and activities, dining, arts and entertainment, and culture. Take a virtual visit to the Big Island on the Web, which can be helpful in planning your vacation. The site also has a calendar section that allows you to see what local events coincide with your visit.
The Hawai‘i Island Chamber of Commerce has links to dozens of museums, attractions, bed-and-breakfasts, and parks on its Web site. Volcano Art Center offers a host of activities at Kilauea, including classes and workshops, music, dance, and theater performances, art shows, and volcano runs, which you may want to participate in while on the island.
Big Island Visitors Bureau (HI. 808/961–5797 or 800/648–2441. www.bigisland.org.)
Hawaii Island Chamber of Commerce (HI. 808/935–7178. www.hicc.biz.)
Volcano Art Center (HI. 866/967–7565 or 808/967–7565. www.volcanoartcenter.org.)
Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce (HI. 808/329–1758. www.kona-kohala.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's