- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hawai‘i is a major vacation destination and many of the people who work at the hotels and resorts rely on tips to supplement their wages, so tipping is common. Tip cabdrivers 15% of the fare. Standard tips at restaurants and spas run from 15% to 20% of the bill, depending on the quality of service; bartenders expect about $1 per drink. Bellhops at hotels usually receive $1 per bag, more if you have bulky items like bicycles or surfboards. Tip the hotel maid $1 per night, paid daily. Tip doormen $1 to $5 for assistance with taxis, bags, or golf clubs; tips for concierges vary depending on the service.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's