- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii
The little yellow café near Kealakekua Bay is a great place to stop after a morning of kayaking or swimming with spinner dolphins. The Kauai-born proprietors serve up excellent Hawaiian offerings, such as the popular laulau burger made with cured pork, and complete entrées like grilled ahi or teriyaki short ribs. Eric's grilled mahimahi burger may be the best mahimahi you'll ever eat. For the kids, Kalama's offers shave ice, hot deli sandwiches, hot dogs, and burgers grilled on the barbecue and served on a soft potato bun. Everything is cooked to order, so grab a table, change your watch to island time, and enjoy.
- Address: 82-5674 Kahau Pl., at Napoopoo Rd. Captain Cook, HI 96704
- Phone: 808/328–2828
- Location: Kona Coast
- No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more