Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii
The little yellow café near Kealakekua Bay is a great place to stop after a morning of kayaking or swimming with spinner dolphins. The Kauai-born proprietors serve up excellent Hawaiian offerings, such as the popular laulau burger made with cured pork, and complete entrées like grilled ahi or teriyaki short ribs. Eric's grilled mahimahi burger may be the best mahimahi you'll ever eat. For the kids, Kalama's offers shave ice, hot deli sandwiches, hot dogs, and burgers grilled on the barbecue and served on a soft potato bun. Everything is cooked to order, so grab a table, change your watch to island time, and enjoy.
- Address: 82-5674 Kahau Pl., at Napoopoo Rd., Captain Cook, HI, 96704
- Phone: 808/328–2828
- Location: South Kona and Kealakekua Bay
- No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from five days in Ka'anapali over Memorial Day weekend. BIG, BIG highlights: Fest at Lele - definitely work the $$$ - intima... Read more
Trip to Hawaii 10th May 2014 – 26th May 2014 This is not a nice relaxing at the beach type of vacation, it was all about see... Read more