- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii
Kona Commons Review
This downtown center features big-box retailers, such as Sports Authority (for snorkel and swim gear), and Ross Dress for Less (for suitcases, shoes, swimsuits, and aloha wear). Food and drink options include fast-food standbys like Dairy Queen, Subway, Taco Del Mar, and Panda Express; Ultimate Burger, for local beef and delicious homemade fries; Genki Sushi, where the goods are delivered via conveyer belt; and Kona Wine Market, which has a great selection of wines and spirits along with gourmet gift items. Target has fresh-flower leis for a fraction of the cost that local florists charge.
- Address: 75-5450 Makala Blvd., Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
- Location: Kailua-Kona
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more