- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Naniloa Volcanoes Resort
At a Glance
- some renovated rooms
- great views of Hilo Bay and Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa mountains from some rooms
- limited dining options
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Naniloa Volcanoes Resort Review
The Naniloa's recently renovated guest rooms in the Mauna Kea tower are a vast improvement over the old ones at this landmark hotel, which is a great home base for exploring the Big Island's unspoiled east side. The rooms in the Mauna Loa tower offer the best discounts, while the remodeled rooms in the Mauna Kea feature new beds, a tile bathroom with imported fixtures from Spain and Italy, flat-screen TVs, and original tropical oil paintings painted by the owner's daughter. All ocean-view rooms have small lanai and great views of Hilo Bay. The hotel has one restaurant that currently only serves breakfast.
- Address: 93 Banyan Dr., Hilo, HI, 96720 | Map It
- Phone: 808/969-3333
- Website: www.volcanohousehotel.com/naniloa_volcanoes_resort.htm
- Location: Hilo
- 313 rooms, 7 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $108 & up -- Waikiki Beach Hotel w/Oceanarium & Spa, 35% Off BookIt.com
- $142-$195 -- Maui Hotel across from Beach w/Wi-Fi & Parking BookIt.com
- $675 & up -- Sheraton Kauai: 3-Nt. Vacation w/Car Rental Pleasant Holidays
- $9.99 & up -- Car Rentals across Hawaii CarRentals.com
- $199 & up -- Big Island Family Beach Hotel, Kids Eat Free — $199 BookIt.com
Recently back from a wonderful first trip to Kauai! Read more
First, the disclaimer …
This trip will probably seem boring to most people, but the entire purpose was to R-E-L-A-X. Read more
I am going to hawaii with my husband for 7 nights in June. Read more
· News & Features
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more
It happens all the time: you're just stopping in to grab one thing and the next thing you know, you've... Read more