- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Naniloa Volcanoes Resort
At a Glance
- some renovated rooms
- great views of Hilo Bay and Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa mountains from some rooms
- limited dining options
Check Rates from our Partners
Naniloa Volcanoes Resort Review
The Naniloa's recently renovated guest rooms in the Mauna Kea tower are a vast improvement over the old ones at this landmark hotel, which is a great home base for exploring the Big Island's unspoiled east side. The rooms in the Mauna Loa tower offer the best discounts, while the remodeled rooms in the Mauna Kea feature new beds, a tile bathroom with imported fixtures from Spain and Italy, flat-screen TVs, and original tropical oil paintings painted by the owner's daughter. All ocean-view rooms have small lanai and great views of Hilo Bay. The hotel has one restaurant that currently only serves breakfast.
- Address: 93 Banyan Dr., Hilo, HI 96720 | Map It
- Phone: 808/969–3333
- Website: www.volcanohousehotel.com/naniloa_volcanoes_resort.htm
- Location: Hilo
- 313 rooms, 7 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We just got back from our 12-day vacation on Maui to celebrate our 5th anniversary. Read more
Well … this isn’t going to be much of a trip report because I’m recovering from surgery, and can’t do the hiking that I’d typically do in Kauai. Read more
We are planning a trip to Princeville in January. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more