- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii
Full Moon Cafe
Full Moon Cafe Review
This cozy restaurant in a historic bayfront building offers a small menu of American choices like burgers, fish, and steak, but where the eatery stands out is its fresh and tasty traditional Thai fare. The owners grow their own spices, herbs, and papayas organically on their Puna farm. The chefs sauté with olive oil to keep things heart-healthy. Good choices are the hot and sour Tom Yum soup, loaded with fresh veggies; the pineapple curry; green papaya salad; and steamed salmon. There's outdoor seating on the lanai, and the adjacent Full Moon Coffee serves breakfast beginning at 6.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
We are traveling to Maui for 2 weeks in Apr-May. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more