- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii
The Shops at Mauna Lani
The Shops at Mauna Lani Review
The best part about this complex is its roster of restaurants, which includes Tommy Bahama Tropical Café, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Just Tacos Mexican Grill and Cantina, and Monstera, for noodles and sushi. You can find tropical apparel at Jams World, high-end housewares at Oasis Lifestyle, and original art at a number of galleries. Kids love the "adventure ride" theater, with the only "4-D" screens in Hawaii.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are half way through our annual winter trip to the island of Hawaii. Read more
JANUARY 2014 ANNIVERSARY TRIP TO THE BIG ISLAND:
HOOKED ON HILO; KOHALA COAST IS COSTLY!
Recommended: 5/5 stars:
Shipman House Bed & Breakfast Inn
on “Reed's Island” i Read more
I need to be in Hilo for 2 days but would prefer to stay in the Kona side. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more