- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii
Kekaha Kai State Park—Kua Bay Side
Kekaha Kai State Park—Kua Bay Side Review
This lovely beach is on the northernmost stretch of the park's coastline on an absolutely beautiful bay. The water is crystal clear, deep aquamarine, and peaceful in summer, but the park's paved entrance, amenities, and parking lot make it very accessible and, as a result, often crowded. Fine white sand sits amid black lava with little shade—bring umbrellas as it can get hot. Rocky shores on either side protect the beach from winds in the afternoon. Gates close daily at 7 pm. In winter, surf can get very rough and often the sand washes away. Amenities: parking (no fee); showers; toilets. Best for: surfing; swimming.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more